Old Havana Tapaste
Handmade encaustic cement tiles
Tiles per M2:
Availability: In stock
On a trip to Cuba we were mesmerised by the intricacy of the floor tile design almost everywhere we went. It seems that no matter if it's at home, at work or in a bar or cafe the Cubans love of colour and pattern seeps into everyday life. Our Old Havana cement tiles, in vibrant shades and playful designs, are based on our travels in this fascinating country, and look consistently fresh whilst standing up to the climate here in the northern hemisphere.
- Requires sealing.
- Tiles may vary in colour from batch to batch.
- 1-2mm dimensional tolerance.
- Take extra care when handling and installing.
- Encaustic tiles are handmade and extremely labour intensive. The production process includes many stages which are all carried out by skilled craftsmen.
- For further details on installation, please download and carefully read the Claybrook Encaustic Installation Guide.
- We strongly advise you employ an experienced and competent fitter to carry out the installation.
- All tiles should be tested with the grout you are planning on using before installation. This applies in particular to tiles with a crackle glaze or matt finish. It also applies when the tiles will differ greatly in colour from the grout; for example, light coloured tiles with dark grout or dark coloured tiles with light grout. This is because some grouts can leave a residue in the crazing or discolour tiles of a different shade.
||V3 - Moderate
Suitability & Installation
- Wall Yes
- Shower Walls Yes
- Floor Yes
- Wet Room Floors No
- Kitchen Yes
- Bathroom Yes
- Fireplace Surrounds Yes
- Hearths Yes
- External No
- Swimming Pool No
- Swimming Pool Surrounds No
- Worktops Yes
- Cooker Splashbacks No
- Over Underfloor Heating Yes
- Commercial Ask for details
Delivery & Returns
Orders - Delivery to the UK Mainland is free of charge
Small orders (under 50kg) - we aim to deliver within 2-3 working days
Larger orders (over 50kg) - we aim to deliver within 5 working days
Paint Orders - We aim to deliver within 2 working days however please note your order will be shipped direct from our supplier and not from our warehouse so will come separately to any tiles purchased.
Samples - You can order up to four tile/wood samples and four paint samples free of charge. Thereafter you will be charged the cost of one at the normal retail price, however delivery will still remain free of charge.